Criminal Defense Publications
You should be represented by someone who thoroughly understands the law. John R. Murphy has been published in numerous articles, books and law reviews on topics related to criminal defense. He has also lectured to lawyers and non-lawyers on criminal law, criminal defense, and criminal justice topics.
Below is a partial list of John Murphy’s publications and speaking engagements.
- “Strategies for Defending Sex Crimes, Aspatore Press (2015).
- ” De-felonization: An Effective Way of Reducing Our Prison Population and the Financial Burden of Over-Incarceration,” The Barrister Magazine, November 2012 (Issue 265)
- ” Crimes That May Cause Your Non-Citizen Client to be Deported,” The Barrister Magazine, November 2011 (Issue 259)
- ” Pornography Possession Discovery: Expert Analysis and Limitations on Materials,” Evidence Discovery in Internet Pornography Cases, Aspatore Press, July 2011
- ” What You Don’t Know Will Hurt You: Criminal Defense & Immigration,” The Barrister Magazine, May 2011 (Issue 256)
- ” Challenging Habitual Offender Allegations,” The Barrister Magazine, January 2011 (Issue 254)
- ” Defending Domestic Violence Cases,” The Barrister Magazine, July 2010 (Issue 251)
- ” To Flee or Not to Flee: Bail & Bond Issues in Criminal Cases,” The Barrister Magazine, May 2010 (Issue 250)
- ” Getting Paid Without Breaking the Rules,” The Barrister Magazine, March 2010 (Issue 249)
- ” Trying More Cases on Tighter Budgets,” Seminar Lecture for the South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, April 29, 2010
- ” Fact or Fiction: When Your Client’s Testimony May Be False,” The Barrister Magazine, January 2008 (Issue # 237) (co-authored with Robert Van Norman)
- ” Make Your Record, Offer Your Proof,” The Barrister Magazine, November 2007 (Issue # 236) (co-authored with Robert Van Norman)
- ” Accurate Competency Determinations Through the Utilization of Medical Professionals,” Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Volume 4 (1991)
- ” Conflicts of Interest in Criminal Representations,” Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Volume 5 (1991)